To obtain a local open burning permit on residential property visit the Selectmen’s office at 24 Pine Street, Cornwall CT during our normal business hours.
Monday – Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:00pm

To obtain an open burning permit for Agricultural Purpose on Non-State Owned Property, contact Cornwall Fire Marshal Stanley MacMillan at 860-364-0909

Per Cornwall Fire Marshal Stanley MacMillan, burn permits can only be issued in person and will no longer be issued via email, phone call, mail, or fax. If you have any questions for the Fire Marshal please call 860-364-0909