Twelve Days of Christmas
“The Twelve Days of Christmas” appeared in print for the first time in 1780, in the children’s book, Mirth Without Mischief. At the time, it was named “The Twelve Days of Christmas Sung at King Pepin’s Ball” and wasn’t married to the familiar tune we now know. Over the next 200 years the song has been published over 20 times – evolving along the way. Some lesser-known gifts in forgotten versions are: 10 Ships a-Sailing, 8 Hare’s a-Running, 12 Bells a-Ringing. Our artists use the historic rhyme as a launch pad for their own flights of fancy!
Please join us for a reception Saturday, December 10 from 4:30 pm on starting at the Wish House.
Maps are available at Three Guys Ski and Ride, The Wish House, and Covered Bridge Electric Bike Shop.